Lane Change Violations
There are various lane change violations under the Motor Vehicle Code that are simply a small $25.00 fine and costs (plus points) to the average driver. However, such a lane change violation can be disastrous for a Truck Driver with a CDL.
Certain lane change violations by a truck driver in a commercial motor vehicle are considered “Serious Traffic Offenses.” These include improper lane changes under Motor Vehicle Code sections:
- § Section 3304 – Overtaking vehicle on the right.
- § Section 3305 – Limitations on overtaking on the left.
- § Section 3306 – Limitations On Driving On Left Side of Roadway.
- § Section 3307 – No-Passing Zones
- § Section 3309 – Driving on roadways laned for traffic.
Any of the lane change violations above are considered a serious traffic violation if committed in a commercial vehicle.
The Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act has forced states to adopt far stricter requirements for truck drivers. As adopted in Pennsylvania, a truck driver convicted of any two “Serious Traffic Offenses” in a 3 year period will be DISQUALIFIED from driving a commercial vehicle for 60 Days!
- 3 or more serious traffic offenses in a three year period will result in a 120 day DISQUALIFICATION!
DON’T PAY A TICKET BEFORE TALKING TO TRAFFIC LAW LAWYER AT JOYCE & BITTNER!
Call Us Today to Discuss Your Ticket
412-281-9919 or 1-800-299-5530
Reasonable Fees – Payment Terms